- A sincere Thank You to our Parents Council members and volunteers who are Bag Packing at Dunnes , Parkway Shopping Centre, 4th and 5 October from 10am to 6pm each day.
- We have the Liam MacCarthy Cup in our Photo booth for our Open Night Wednesday 9th Of October. Starting at 6 pm.
- Vex Robotics Club Meeting was held Friday 11 a.m. in room C1. NEW MEMBERS WELCOME.
- Our first year boys took part in the Emerging Schools Blitz Munster Rugby. Pictured.
Volunteers needed for Bag Packing at Dunnes , Parkway Shopping Centre, 4th and 5 October from 10am to 6pm each day. Please text 086 8534966 with your name and time available, even an hour would be great. Thanks for your support!
We had a fantastic time welcoming Don Mescall, a St. Mary’s past pupil back to perform with our school choir. Don presented a copy of his golden record album, Lighthouse, to his former Music teacher Mary Ryan and current music teacher Ms O’Meara. We are thrilled that Donn, despite all his success, has not forgotten where he comes from!
Pictured is a recent piece in the Limerick Leader.
- Parents Association Meeting Tuesday September 24th @7.30 pm in the school.
- Thank you to all our students and teachers for making our school mass a wonderful and inspiring occasion! Let’s make 19/20 a fantastic year for everyone.
- Camogie training Monday 23rd at 4.10 pm.
- Student Council Elections Tuesday 24th.
- Boys soccer training will be on Tuesday 24th Sept – U 17 & U 19. 4:20 – 5:20 pm.
- Girls Soccer training – U 15, U 17 & U 19! TUESDAY SEPT 24th @ School Gym. 4 to 4:50 pm. Bring boots and runners.
- Interested in Inter schools show jumping? St. Mary’s has a team! Join now – More details from Mr Harrington
Best wishes to all of our students who collect exam results tomorrow, and we hope all of our students achieve their goals. Remember that your results are not the end, but only the beginning of your journey.
During the summer months students usually relax during their time off, not Aimee Hayde. Aimee, who recently sat her Junior Cert, has just won an All-Ireland medal in the girls U17 800m. Not only did she bring her medal back to Newport, but she has also sat a new championship record of 2.10.99, beating a 5 year record of 2.10.99.
We here at St. Mary’s are super proud of you. See you in September!
A message from Ms. Buckley to Junior Cert Students: Reminder that English, French, Science and Business Studies will be marked online so they will need to use blue or black pen and keep their work inside the space provided.
The following have also been sent to us by the department, regarding the use of Calculators:
- Use of Calculators in the Certificate Examinations
- Permitted and Prohibited Calculators for the State Examinations
We are so very proud of 3rd year pupil, Aimee Hayde as she has just broken a 32 year old record held by the legendary Sonia O’Sullivan. At the Irish Life Health Munster Schools Track and Field Championship in Cork IT recently, Aimee won the intermediate girls 800m in a time of 2.07.74, which is also a European Youth Olympics Qualification mark (according to the Nenagh Guardian).
On behalf of ourselves here at St. Mary’s and Newport AC, we are extremely proud of Aimee who set her new PB with an improvement of 4 seconds.
Best of luck in the next stages of your journey Aimee, we are with you all the way!